Tuesday, August 18, 2020

About

This blog contains a range of my recent writing from 2015 to the present day. Opinion pieces, fragments of memoir, academic essays, reviews of events and films and literary works, interviews, allusions and homages to the writers I love. They were written for Ceylon Today’s ‘Mosaic’, for ‘The Sunday Island’ and ‘The Sunday Times’, for FemAsia Magazine from 2018-20, and for LMD, for ‘Roar’ and ‘Groundviews’. Many of them are my weekly column pieces in Ceylon Today’s Columns section, from April 2019 to the present. One is an essay on ‘Fabrications In Othello’ which was published in The Hopkins Review in 2021. 


Another is the draft of an academic paper I gave at the FILLM Congress in Delhi, India, in 2017, on ‘The Power and Powerlessness Of The Exotic Status’. This paper, presented under the auspices of the International Federation of Modern Literatures and Languages, became Chapter 8 of the book ‘Representing The Exotic And The Familiar: Politics and Perception in Literature’, published by the John Benjamins Publishing Company in 2019.

My poetry has its own page on FB, called ‘Woman Of Her Word’, and I also write on Medium. 

When I write, I feel as if I am swimming in a sky filled with stars. It’s elation.

No comments:

Post a Comment